Update as of 12/15/2021
Freeborn County Storm Damage Reporting
If you are a Freeborn County Property Owner and sustained storm damage to your property on December 15, 2021, Please call 507-377-5186 (Environmental Services) to report the damage or go to the Freeborn County website to complete an online form for each property at the following link:
This information will be used for building inspections, potential disaster abatements and or credits, upcoming valuation assessments and to fully leverage any state and local resources.
We will also continue to work on our 2022 assessment quintile plan for taxes payable in 2023. These areas are highlighted on the map below. We will be sending out postcards for these quintile areas. We will be knocking on doors or leaving door hangers. Currently appraisers will also be working on permitted work within the county. Appraisers will be wearing identification badges and be in a Freeborn county vehicle.
If you would like to update your parcel information online please click on Property Verification Form
If you have a question or concern please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise leave us a voicemail at 507-377-5176.
Freeborn County is set up under a "true county assessor" system which means all property assessments are conducted by the County. The County Assessor’s Office is responsible for the valuation and classification of all property within the county for property tax purposes as provided by state law and regulation.
For general information on property taxes, check out the fact sheets provided by the Minnesota Department of Revenue.
Property Sales Verifications
Did you have a recent sale or purchase of a property that you would like to complete a verification form on? Click the correct property type below.
NOTICE OF REASSESSMENTS
The Freeborn County Assessor’s Office will be performing reassessments of property for the 2022 assessment for property taxes payable in 2023 in the following jurisdictions:
- City of Albert Lea Residential - See Map of Areas Below
- -4 A completed
- Bancroft Township-completed
- Freeman Township-completed
- Manchester Township-completed
- Nunda Township-completed
- Pickerel Lake Township-completed
- Shell Rock Township-completed
- City of Alden-completed
- City of Clarks Grove-completed
- Village of Gordonsville-completed
You should be receiving a postcard and an appraiser will be visiting each property that is improved with structures to update photos and review the property.
- FREEBORN COUNTY AG SALES 2021
- FREEBORN COUNTY AG SALES 2020
- CITY OF ALBERT LEA 1-1-2021 to 1-1-2022
- ALBERT LEA CITY VACANT RES LAND SALES 01-01-2021 to 01-01-2022
- DUPLEX TRIPLEX 1-1-2021 to 1-1-2022
- RES SALES SMALL CITIES 1-1-2021 to 1-1-2022
- SMALL CITY BARE LAND SALES 1-1-2021 to 1-1-2022
- RES SALES TOWNSHIPS 1-1-2021 to 1-1-2022