Freeborn County is set up under a "true county assessor" system which means all property assessments are conducted by the County. The County Assessor’s Office is responsible for the valuation and classification of all property within the county for property tax purposes as provided by state law and regulation.
If you have a question or a concern, please contact us via email at email@example.com or call us at 507-377-5176.
For general information on property taxes, please visit: Property Tax Information | Minnesota Department of Revenue (state.mn.us)
NOTICE OF REASSESSMENTS
The Freeborn County Assessor’s Office will be performing reassessments of property for the 2024 assessment for property taxes payable in 2025 in the jurisdictions below. You should receive a postcard and an appraiser will be visiting each property that is improved with structures to update photos and review the property.
If you would like to update your parcel information online please click on Property Verification Form
- City of Albert Lea Residential - See Map of Areas Below
- Townhomes and Condos
- Small Cities
- 2023 FREEBORN COUNTY AG SALES
- 2022 FREEBORN COUNTY AG SALES
- CITY OF ALBERT LEA RES SALES 9-1-2022 TO 9-1-2023
- CITY OF ALBERT LEA VACANT LAND 9-1-2022 TO 9-1-2023
- DUPLEX TRIPLEX 9-1-2022 TO 9-1-2023
- RES SALES SMALL CITIES 9-1-2022 TO 9-1-2023
- SMALL CITIES VACANT LAND 9-1-2022 TO 9-1-2023
- RES SALES TOWNSHIPS 9-1-2022 TO 9-1-2023
- RURAL RES LAND SALES 9-1-2022 TO 9-1-2023