3/24/2020-Staff is currently working remotely. If you have a question or concern please contact us via email at email@example.com. Otherwise leave us a voicemail at 507-377-5176. Your patience is appreciate and we will be as responsive as possible during this time.
Freeborn County is set up under a "true county assessor" system which means all property assessments are conducted by the County. The County Assessor’s Office is responsible for the valuation and classification of all property within the county for property tax purposes as provided by state law and regulation.
For general information on property taxes, check out the fact sheets provided by the Minnesota Department of Revenue.
NOTICE OF REASSESSMENTS
The Freeborn County Assessor's Office will be performing reassessments of property for the 2020 assessment for property taxes payable in 2021 in the following jurisdictions:
- City of Albert Lea Residential - See Map of Areas Below
- Geneva Township
- Moscow Township
- Newry Township
- Riceland Township
- Maple Island
- City of Conger
- City of Freeborn
- City of Manchester
- City of Myrtle
- City of Twin Lakes
Appraiser's will be visiting each property that is improved with structures to update photos and review the property. The appraiser will leave a door hanger notifying that they were at the property, and may request the owner to contact them to verify information and/or possibly to set up an appointment to view the interior of the dwelling or other structures.
- 2018 FREEBORN AG SALES
- 2019 Freeborn Ag Sales
- 2020 Freeborn Ag Sales
- Res Sales Albert Lea 03.01.2019 to 03.01.2020
- Albert Lea City Vacant Res Land Sales 03.01.2019 to 03.01.2020
- Duplex Triplex 03.01.2019 to 03.01.2020
- Res Sales Small Cities 03.01.2019 to 03.01.2020
- Small City Res Land Sales 03.01.2019 to 03.01.2020
- Res Sales Townships 03.01.2019 to 03.01.2020
- Rural Res Land Sales 03.01.2019 to 03.01.2020