Long-Term Care & Resources for Adults


Long-term care consultants are county public health nurses or social workers who will visit with you in your home or in a long-term care facility to help you identify services you might need or want. Once services are identified, they will help plan those services.

The visit is free of charge.


Long-term care consultants can help you:

  • Access programs that help pay for services if you are eligible
  • Choose services you prefer
  • Develop a plan to meet your needs
  • Move from a long-term care facility
  • Move to foster care or housing with services settings
  • Stay in your own home or apartment
  • Understand your choices in services