HHW and Electronics Collections -
Wednesday's 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- HHW (Household Hazardous Waste) and Electronics can be dropped off any Wednesday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- There is no charge for HHW from residents. HHW from businesses is NOT accepted.
- Electronics from residents or businesses are accepted. There is a fee for Electronics. The fee is $10.00 for flat screen tv's, monitors, cpu's, printers, laptops, speakers, etc. and $20.00 for console, projection and 32" or larger CRT tube tv's and monitors. Connection wire, mice, and keyboards are free.
- Due to the nature of our State Contract, we are unable to accept hazardous waste outside of our drop-off hours.
- HHW Collections are for Freeborn County Residents Only. Electronics Collections are for Freeborn County Residents and Businesses.
- We are located at 2020 Pioneer Trail, Albert Lea. This is on the East end of Hammer Road, behind the Sorensen Bros. building where T&W Towing is located. Our phone number is 507-377-5186.
- Single Stream Recycling in Freeborn County is the most convenient recycling program around. Just place all your recyclables together in your recycling cart and then place the cart curbside with the lid opening towards the street before 7:00 am on your scheduled collection day.
- Your recycling pick-up occurs every other week. You are either a green week or a gold week. There is no limit to the volume of recyclables you can collect. If your cart is insufficient, call to arrange for a second cart at no extra charge.
- Waste Management's phone number is 1-888-960-0008.
- You can recycle plastic, glass, metal and paper.
- If there is a holiday during your recycling week and your recycling day is on the holiday or later that week, your service will be delayed by one day.
- Labels DO NOT have to be removed - leave caps on.
- REMEMBER NO Plastic bags.