Financial Assistance Programs

This division provides financial assistance to persons who qualify. Persons must fill out a formal application in order to have eligibility determined. Some of our programs include: 

  • Cash Assistance Programs
  • Emergency Programs (Eviction/Shut-off)
  • Food Programs
  • Medical Programs

Food/Cash/Emergency Programs

To apply for these programs, you must pick up an application, get one mailed to you or fill out an application online. If you wish to apply online, please visit ApplyMN. Once you turn in your application, a worker will be assigned to you and you'll need to call to set up an interview.

Medical Programs

To apply for health insurance, you must go online to MNSure. If you do not have access to a computer, there is a MNSure Navigator that comes every Wednesday to assist in the application process. Please call 507.377.5400 to speak with a MNSure worker to set up an appointment.

For more information or to request an application for financial assistance, call 507.377.5400.