Business Office/Child Support

Business Office
The Business Office pays DHS vendors, bills fees to clients, and is the rep. payee for some clients.

Child Support
The Child Support unit provides assistance to children by establishing paternity, locating absent parents, establishing/enforcing/modifying support orders (which includes child support, medical support, and child care support whether the parent lives in Minnesota or not), and collecting support payments. Single parents of the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) and Medical Assistance (MA) are automatically referred and are required to use this service. Services that are NOT provided by the Child Support unit include:  divorces, visitation and custody, alimony establishment, and legal advice or counsel.

Parents who do not receive public assistance can apply for child support services and are charged a $25 application fee and a $25 annual collection fee. An applicant for the services will also pay a 2% MN cost recovery fee which pays for some of the costs associated with operating the Minnesota Child Support Program.

If you have questions regarding your child support payment(s), contact:
                                                            Payment Center
You will need your four-character PIN number and your 10-digit MCI number to access your account.

If you need to talk to someone in the Child Support unit, please call:  507-377-5411.
If you would like more information about the Child Support Program, please click this link: 

Minnesota Department of Human Services - Child Support 

  1. Freeborn County  411 Broadway S., Albert Lea, MN 56007            Phone: 507-377-5299 

    Home        Site Map        Contact Us        Accessibility        Copyright Notices         Intranet        Government Website by CivicPlus┬«