New Insurance Requirement
Effective January 1, 2016 insurance information must be provided at the time of registration renewal, title transfer, or application for new Minnesota title/registration.
- Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Recreational Vehicles
- Drivers License
- Expedited Drivers License
- Motor Vehicle
Drivers License Exam Station
The Drivers License Exam Station, located on the first floor of the Historic Courthouse, is available on Thursday and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and can be reached at 507-377-5125.
- Written Testing 8:30a - 2:30p
- Road Testing 8:30a - 3:00p
- Fee Payments 8:30a - 3:30p
There is also a drop box available 24/7 in the foyer of the license center for motor vehicle and/or DNR renewals. Items will be processed and mailed out the following working day.
Mail-ins are also welcome. Mail your motor vehicle and/or DNR renewals to:
Freeborn County License Center
P.O. Box 1147
Albert Lea, MN 56007
Please include in your envelope:
- The motor vehicle registration renewal(s)
- Include Insurance Information
- A check for the correct amount with your drivers license number and phone number on your check to ensure proper delivery
Other things to note:
- Make sure your address is correct
- A SASE is optional
- Verify this is the correct vehicle
- It is your responsibility to verify all information is correct to ensure renewals are processed and delivered
Any fraudulent statements subject the applicant to a fine of up to $700. Returned checks are subject to a $30.00 fee. All dishonored checks will constitute criminal charges.
Criminal penalties can include a loss of drivers license and/or motor vehicle license. The issuance can also be sentenced to 90 days in jail and/or $700 fine, plus vehicle impound and fees incurred from such impound.