New Insurance Requirement
Effective January 1, 2016 insurance information must be provided at the time of registration renewal, title transfer, or application for new Minnesota title/registration.
- Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Recreational Vehicles
- Drivers License
- Expedited Drivers License
- Motor Vehicle
Drivers License Exam Station
The Drivers License Exam Station, located on the first floor of the Historic Courthouse, is available on Thursday and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and can be reached at 507-377-5125.
- Effective June 20th, 2019 NEW OFFICE HOURS
- WRITTEN TESTING 12:30 - 2:30
- FEE Collections 12:30 - 3:15
- ROAD Testing By appointment ONLY 8:30 - 2:30
There is also a drop box available 24/7 in the foyer of the license center for motor vehicle and/or DNR renewals. Items will be processed and mailed out the following working day.
Mail-ins are also welcome. Mail your motor vehicle and/or DNR renewals to:
Freeborn County License Center
P.O. Box 1147
Albert Lea, MN 56007
Please include in your envelope:
- The motor vehicle registration renewal(s).
- Include Insurance Information
- A check for the correct amount with your drivers license number and phone number on your check to ensure proper delivery.
Other things to note:
- Make sure your address is correct.
- A SASE is optional.
- Verify this is the correct vehicle.
- It is your responsibility to verify all information is correct to ensure renewals are processed and delivered.
Any fraudulent statements subject the applicant to a fine of up to $700. Returned checks are subject to a $30.00 fee. All dishonored checks will constitute criminal charges.
Criminal penalties can include a loss of drivers license and/or motor vehicle license. The issuance can also be sentenced to 90 days in jail and/or $700 fine, plus vehicle impound and fees incurred from such impound.