- Physical or Emotional: Conduct, intended or not, that produces physical or emotional pain or injury.
- Verbal: Words or gestures that threaten, harass, disparage or humiliate.
- Sexual: Violation of criminal sexual conduct or prostitution statutes or sexual contact between a caregiver/provider and a minor child.
- Personal Exploitation: Forcing a minor child to perform services for the advantage of another.
- Failure of a caregiver/provider to provide necessary food, clothing, shelter, health care or supervision.
- Absence of necessary food, clothing, shelter, health care or supervision.
Anybody can make a voluntary report of suspected child abuse/neglect if that person has reason to believe that a child has been maltreated. The requirements for reporting are outlined in the Reporting of Maltreatment of Minors Act.