Breastfeeding Consultation

If you have any concerns regarding breastfeeding following the birth of your baby you can contact a lactation specialist. The lactation specialist will provide counseling over the phone and/or can provide a one-on-one consultation in your home or at the Public Health office
 During this visit, the lactation specialist will:
  • Weigh your baby
  • Assist with latch / positioning at the breast
  • Share breastfeeding information
  • Answer any questions you may have
If you are on WIC and would be interested in learning more about the Peer Breastfeeding Support Program, click here.  
National Breastfeeding Helpline
Call 800-994-9662 for support
9 am - 6 pm, EST

  1. Freeborn County  411 Broadway S., Albert Lea, MN 56007            Phone: 507-377-5299 

    Home        Site Map        Contact Us        Accessibility        Copyright Notices         Intranet        Government Website by CivicPlus┬«